Come make music with us in our Music Rhapsody classroom!
You Pick Your Location
Come See What Our Programs Are All About!
We have classes for all age groups from babies up to 4th grade. Classroom, outdoor, and Zoom classes available! Come sing, play, and create music with us! We’d love to see you in our classroom. Sign up for a complimentary visit today!
Summer Music Day Camp
Since 1983, thousands of children have been musically inspired because of our exciting and unique music camp program.
Unlimited Summer MEMBERSHIP
Unlimited events and classes in your child’s age group. Nonstop singing, moving and playing, even in the evenings and on Saturdays. Access to unique instruments, including our gathering drum, Orff instruments (glockenspiels, xylophones metallophones), recorders, guitars, ukuleles and more.
Classes For Private Groups
Do you have a group of friends or classmates interested in music? Or are you a homeschool group looking to add music to your curriculum? Classes available at your location, at our location, indoors, outdoors, or on Zoom – you pick!
Book a Party
Put some musical magic in your celebrations! We’ll bring Music Rhapsody to you and make your party one to remember. Musically engaging and unique celebrations for every age group.
Made a big impact on my daughter's confidence
Made a big impact on my daughter’s confidence and joy playing the piano. Music Rhapsody uses a unique and effective approach in teaching piano, so children learn a variety of songs fairly easily and quickly. It seems to make the process more rewarding for kids, and less tedious.
Thank you so much for your wonderful classes. It is truly the highlight of Naomi's week.
You are so kind and gentle with them and we can see the pedagogy you are bringing to them — but in such a fun and imaginative way. Right now we especially appreciate the joy and sense of community you are bringing to these kiddos during a time of isolation that is hard for them to understand.
Empowering infants to kids + with music.
Lynn has a life dedication to empowering infants to kids + with music. Music is more than just rhythm, harmony, melody/etc. Music & sound it an area of the brain and connected to emotion, memory, expression. She takes this knowledge and cultivates classes that drive fun, learning, and interaction.
Frequently Asked Questions from Parents & Students
Why Music Rhapsody?
- We love what we do! It’s our vision to instill the love of music, the fun of movement, and the freedom of self-expression to everyone that we teach. In addition, you are guaranteed to have the best instruction around. Our teachers come from the Eastman School of Music, Manhattan School of Music, Universidad Pedagogica Nacional, Musicians Institute, and other fine institutions from all over the world!
- Our Proficiency in music education – Music Rhapsody began its groundbreaking work in early childhood music education at a time when few programs of this kind were offered in the U.S. We were there at the beginning, and we’re still here more than 30 years later. We have a proven track record of success in teaching music and movement, from babies to adults, and we do it all in a way that makes it fun and rewarding to learn music!
- Our program is based on the innovative and successful “Orff Schulwerk” approach to music education. With this active approach as the foundation, we use singing, instruments, movement, and improvisation to make music come alive. Orff Schulwerk is a proven and exciting approach to teaching music to children. It gets its unusual name from Carl Orff, the European composer who created this teaching approach along with Gunild Keetman. Based on things children like to do-sing, chant rhymes, dance, and play instruments. Orff develops creativity and imagination. The Orff melody instruments are very high quality and include xylophones, glockenspiels, and metallophones as well as recorder and percussion instruments of all types. Children experience the joy of making music together in a group as they learn the fundamentals of music.
- Our comprehensive and continuous schedule of classes that offer something unique and musically educational for every age group, from babies to adults, including 6th to 8th-grade ensembles and piano or ukulele classes (some students have been with us for as many as 13 years!)
- Our products are of the highest quality, real instruments – not toys! They are backed and endorsed by world-leading manufacturers in percussion and print music like REMO, Sonor, Alfred and more.
- The Music Rhapsody program uses the Orff instruments like glockenspiels, xylophones, and percussion instruments, another reason why it has to be developmentally appropriate (babies would be putting bars and mallets in their mouth!) and why it is easy to continue to challenge the timing and coordination of the children as they have more experience.
- The mommy-and-me style “Make Music” classes are developmental/age-appropriate and also include a broad range of music, such as piano and orchestral (classical) music, world music, traditional folk dance music, and folk songs, and jazz. Parents are also music makers in these classes, where parents and children create bonds that will last a lifetime!
- Our piano program, Simply Piano, is internationally recognized as a leading institution in play-based piano instruction. We teach by immersing our students in the actual experience of playing, providing a subtle balance between guidance, discovery and direct ‘hands-on’ experience, and including improvisation and composition alongside learning the compositions of others. This program is available to children and adults, and we guarantee you will impress yourself by the first class!
How will my child benefit from their early-childhood music education?
- Gives your child a head start and serves as an important link to future success.
- Enhances brain development through proven, positive effects of music.
- Develops physical motor skills through movement and playing of musical instruments.
- It provides a dramatic impact on language development and improving vocal and speech development through singing.
- Develops social skills and cooperation through participation in group dancing and musical games.
- The use of timing activities develops coordination, body awareness, and spatial concepts.
- The use of repeating patterns and counting beats develops math and literacy skills.
- Improved listening and concentration skills.
- Increase in self-esteem.
- Better quality of life!
What is the age ranges for your classes? Are they “all ages?”
- Babies Make Music: Birth to Walking
- Toddlers Make Music: Ages One and Two
- Kids Make Music: Ages Two and Three
- Big Kids Make Music: Ages Three and Four
- Young Musicians Make Music: Ages Four, Five and Six
- Rhythm Readers: Ages Six and Seven
- Melody Makers (w/ piano): Ages Seven and Eight
- Recorder Classes: Age Eight and Up
- Ensemble: Age Nine and Up
- Ukulele: Ages 5 and Up (under age 8 with a parent)
- Piano: Age 6 and Up
Do parents/siblings attend classes?
When parents enroll their child in a Music Rhapsody class, they have set aside a special time to bond with their child and enjoy music together, therefore siblings are generally not allowed to be in class. Unlike other programs, SMR classes are age-specific, so we recommend that each child enrolls in their own developmentally appropriate class to get the most from their music education!
In the summer, we DO offer a “family all-ages” class for families who have all of their little ones out of school! Call our office for more information.
How does this prepare my child for future music endeavors?
A child engaged in a Music Rhapsody program has a unique opportunity to continue their journey quite naturally into other musical avenues. Piano, orchestral, jazz, and world music are intentionally and strategically woven into the Music Rhapsody curriculum from the start. Growing up in our program, your child will hear and interact with a variety of different types of tonalities, keys, time signatures, tempos, and styles. The integration of those pieces from the earliest stages gives your child a huge advantage in any music or dance lessons.
What should I expect of my child in class?
We know that each child is unique and that these differences are completely normal. Often the observant child will be singing all of the songs at home and doing each activity with his or her parents all the time. Little babies who may even fall asleep in class will respond to the music on the CD at home by kicking, moving or looking for the sound source.
Our expectations our parents are quite simple; that you come to class consistently and participate both in class and at home, engaging your child in whatever manner is comfortable for them. If your child prefers to stay in your lap and be held or if your child needs to constantly move, both are exactly right. Your teacher will be able to suggest ways to engage and interact with your child.
How should parents participate in classes?
During the class, parents will be singing (and you can learn right along with your child if you are nervous about this!), dancing, moving and having a great time with their classmates.
The most important thing is that you come and have a fun, musical experience with your child.
Students who experience a Music Rhapsody class without their parents are, of course, encouraged to continue their music-making at home and outside of the classroom! It is the teacher’s job to recommend ways for families to make music together.