2020 Summer Music Day Camp
Summer Music Day CampSince 1983, thousands of children have been musically inspired because of our exciting and unique music camp program. This Summer Music Camp is offered to grades Kinder in Fall through eight, camp classes include ORFF (marimbas, metallophones, glockenspiels and other exciting percussion instruments!), instrumental lessons (recorder, piano, guitar, ukulele and many more!) dance and movement, singing, and musical theater. Students even present their own concert at the end of camp. Come find out why students return year after year to music camp! From beginners to advanced, this offers something for all levels of ability. PLUS: Extended daycare available upon request. Dates: July 27 – July 31, 2020 Time: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM Location: Music Rhapsody, Andrews Park Music Camp Concert: July 31, 2020 at 2:20pm Early Bird Discount: Save $50 if you sign up by June 1st!
A Typical Day at Summer Music Camp Grades K to 8
- Camp Opening Sing and Concert Time This is a time we enjoy singing with all campers and staff and see special guest performers
- Orff/Percussion Class Every student has their own mallet instrument to play with a huge variety of instruments to choose from. Melody, rhythm, and harmony are the focus in this class.
- Snack Break (provided) all campers and staff
- Dance and movement, music theater
- Lunch & Activities Campers bring their own bag lunch. Optional music practice, sports activities or outside games
- Recorder Class Focus is on note reading and improvisation
- Instrument Lesson Choose one instrument for a daily afternoon lesson. Choose another instrument if space is available or choose music theater or the SURPRISE class which includes a variety of activities each day, including arts and crafts, boomwhackers, passing games, other musical games.
- Tuition Policies Tuition paid is non-refundable after July 12. Prior to July 12, tuition will be refunded less a $25 processing fee. There are no refunds for missed days or classes.